Lynn has been involved within the roofing and construction sector for more than 20 years and has worked with a number of leading roofing brands throughout her career. Her time-served knowledge and passion for the sector has seen her drive a number of initiatives over the years.
Lynn is a director for the initiative Women in Roofing and works with a number of industry bodies to continue to influence positive change in the roofing and construction sector. Wherever she can, Lynn champions inclusion and opportunities for all to help create a sustainable and diverse future for the industry.
Since joining Midland Lead in 2018, Lynn has also been a driving force behind an initiative to promote future skills and diversity to help bridge the increasing skills gap that roofing and construction faces. She has led a team at Midland Lead that has established connections with a number of colleges and apprenticeship schemes in the UK. Together with the support of customers and suppliers, Lynn hopes to continue to promote the benefits and sustainability of working within the roofing sector.
Being customer service focussed, Lynn advocates the core values of Midland Lead, which centre around the customer and team.
Midland Lead is the only independent UK lead manufacturer to offer BBA approved machine cast lead, sandcast lead and BS Standard rolled lead. Founded in 1983, our quality-approved products are used in roofing projects all over the world. With a strong manufacturing heritage, we supply a diverse range of quality-approved lead products using 100% recycled lead.
Midland Lead – Quick Facts:
- The only independent UK-based lead manufacturer that provides BBA and NHBC approved machine cast lead sheet
- £30m+ turnover and 17,000+ tonnes of quality approved lead products manufactured per year
- Sustainable and innovative manufacturing processes
- 100% recycled lead only
- 50+ employees that combine traditional skills with an innovative, technology-led approach
- Target markets: construction, heritage and radiation protection sectors for domestic and export markets
- 18 training colleges to support future skills and development in construction and roofing
- Multi-award-winning company, named as one of Derbyshire’s top 200 most successful businesses
- Affiliated with a number of industry bodies including:
Builders Merchants Federation (BMF)
National House-Building Council (NHBC)
National Federation of Roofing (NFRC)
The Institute of Roofing (IoR)