Mike Tattam, Sales and Marketing Director of Lakes Bathrooms is the latest Expert to join the Builders Merchant Building Index (BMBI) panel. Mike brings with him more than 30 years’ experience in the construction industry, working with merchants, stockists and specifiers. He will be speaking for the shower enclosures and showering market from the Q2 report, published in August 2018.
Mike comments: “I’ve been following the BMBI since it was set up in 2015 and see it as the go-to platform for reliable industry data and trends. It’s also a recognised platform for positioning your brand as the authoritative voice of the market, adding insight and meaning to the data from the perspective of your industry. Lakes is a leading manufacturer and supplier of premium showering spaces with over 30 years’ experience of working with builders’ merchants and stockists. We’re about to launch several new initiatives and more innovative products so it’s very relevant and timely for us to join the Expert panel.”
The BMBI is a brand of the BMF. It now includes 14 industry experts who speak exclusively for their markets. Other BMBI Experts include:
• Paul Rivett, Managing Director Heatrae Sadia
• Tony France, Sales Director Ibstock
• Nigel Cox, Managing Director Timbmet
• John Sinfield, Managing Director Knauf Insulation
• Mike Beard, Merchant Development Director Encon Insulation
• John Duffin, Managing Director Keylite Roof Windows
• Andy Simpson, National Commercial Director Hanson Cement
• Derrick McFarland, Managing Director Keystone Lintels
• Steve Halford, Group Managing Director The Crystal Group
• Paul Owen, Divisional Director of Distribution IKO PLC
• Steve Durdant-Hollamby, Managing Director Alumasc Water Management Solutions
• Malcom Gough, Group Sales & Marketing Director Talasey Group
• Paul Roughan, Trade Merchants Sales Director Dulux Trade
The BMBI is a reliable, up-to-date measure of Repair, Maintenance and Improvement (RMI) activity in the UK using GfK’s Builders Merchant Point of Sale Tracking Data which analyses sales out data from over 80% of generalist builders’ merchants’ sales across Great Britain. Produced and managed by MRA Marketing, monthly reports track what is happening in the market month by month, with an in-depth review every quarter.
The panel of leading industry Experts is an integral part of the Index. The Experts add perspective and context to the data. They help to make sense of trends for users of the BMBI. The Experts explain issues, highlight opportunities, and where appropriate, for example, make the case for or against legislation, industry schemes or government policy.
Visit www.bmbi.co.uk to download the latest BMBI report, learn more about each Expert or watch the Round Table debate videos where the Experts discuss important issues and the implications for merchants and construction overall. Follow @TheBMBI.
If you’d like your brand to become a BMBI Expert and the voice of your market, call Tom Rigby, MRA Marketing on 01453 521621.